De Base de connaissances eggdrops & TCL
For the full Changelog, click here.
Known bugs in RC2
Known bugs in RC1
- The static channels you added (in your configfile) will be deleted. To prevent that, open your chanfile and replace all "channel set" with "channel add" before starting RC1.
- Already running instances of eggdrop fail to be recognized through the pid file
- vwait doesn't always recognize tcl events that change the variable it waits for (affects the http package for example)
- Fixed 64-bit binaries crashing under FreeBSD and NetBSD.
- Fixed Tcl threading autodetection.
- Fixed broken handling of telnet IAC which prevented character code 255 from working in telnet.
- Fixed dns.mod SIGBUS crashes on Sparc machines.
- Fixed broken .jump when the server list is empty.
- Fixed a lot of compile warnings.
- Fixed some security issues with the need-* channel settings.
- Eggdrop no longer sets invalid bans if strict-host is 0, setting it to 0 is still strongly discouraged as the variable will be removed soon.
- Can be compiled against Tcl8.6
- Numerous minor issues and potential crashes fixed.
- Replacement of the Tcl event loop to incorporate it with Eggdrop's to allow Tcl fileevents to trigger without delay. Also makes vwait and after with lower resolutions than a second work.
- Channels added in the configfile are no longer static, there's a new channel setting +/-static for that.
- Full CIDR support added for b/e/I modes and user hosts.
- Improved channel sync time by removing redundant commands and querying b/e/I modes at once.
- Telnet autodetection.
- Support for non-latin characters in telnet and in handles.
- Custom ban types for channels.
- You can use ./configure --with-handlen=N to change the handlen when compiling, this is easier than changing the eggdrop.h define (which is still there).
- New script scripts/dccwhois.tcl allows people to whois their own handle.
- Uptime module modified to send uptime packets at a random interval to distribute traffic evenly.
New/modified config variables
- msg-rate : server message rate is now configurable
- log-ts : log timestamps can be set by the user and now default to [HH:MM:SS].
- cidr-support : cidr support for server modes can be turned on and off
- allow-ps : you can now allow cmodes +ps at the same time by setting this to 1
- max-socks : supersedes the previous max-dcc setting, this one also limits Tcl sockets (per Thread)
- quiet-save now allows to suppress backup and date change messages when set to 2 or 3.
- putnow : put to the server and bypass all queues
- resetchanidle : reset channel idle time for a nick
- resetchanjoin : reset channel join time for a nick
- matchstr : simplified string matching
- matchaddr : irc host matching
- matchcidr : cidr ip matching
- resetchan changed to support flags for partial resets of channel information.
- maskhost now accepts a type argument and provides flexible and robust host masking.
- putdcc now accepts a -raw option.
- putdccraw was removed without warning, as it was never documented. A replacement using putdcc/putnow can be found in scripts/compat.tcl
- time : the compat.tcl version of it can be called with multiple arguments now to access Tcl's time command
Bind types added
- OUT : triggers on server output and can stop messages from being sent
- LOG : triggers on log output
- CRON : like bind TIME but masks have cron-like syntax
- Found a lot of minor mistakes and typos in the documentation.
- Added some missing parts and updated outdated definitions.
- UPDATES* files have been replaced with better formatted Changes*, Versions and THANKS/AUTHORS added/refined.
- All of the new commands and settings are fully documented.